Archive | Online LifeRSS feed for this section
New Year, New You. Or at least that’s how the saying goes, right? After two weeks of indulgent Seen on… more...
The big day has some and gone and it’s entirely possible that Santa didn’t bring you everything you wanted. In fact, there are things you maybe didn’t even think to ask for that might be just what you need (or “need,” as the case may be). Based on my experience and the input of many friends, I offer you a list of 9 items you should think about buying yourself.
It's hard to believe that there are only eight days left in 2013 -- my, how the year has flown. May all TDS customers and readers have a holiday filled with fun, family and festivities. This week's "Seen on Pinterest" post details some of our favorite ways to ring in the 2014 in style.
Everyone has their favorite movies to watch during the Christmas season. Some classics include It’s a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, and more recently, Elf. And who can forget A Christmas Story, a standard for my family – especially since it is played 24 hours straight. But have you ever thought about introducing some alternate Christmas movies into your holiday viewing? TDS employee and award-winning movie director, Kris, has some suggestions.
Eggnog, little gingerbread men cookies (or any and all of Melynn’s cookies we’ve featured here on the blog), homemade candies—these are just a few of the tempting treats that contribute to the expansion of many American’s waist lines during the holiday season. But, there is hope! We've gathered three tips we can all do to avoid packing on the pounds this year.
Today, a “hangout” has a whole new meaning that doesn’t necessarily involve getting together in the same room. If you have friends or family that can’t come to your home for a party, let them hangout with you via a live computer feed during your next gathering.
This week: get 12 days of free stuff from iTunes starting Dec. 26th, put down your camera so you'll remember better, and Target creates a new Pinterest-powered shop. Also, you won't have to give Gmail permission to load images anymore, check out the trailer for The Room 2 iPad app, and find out the best way to complete your Disney Infinity set. Oh, and check out some awesome new family car decals (there are tribbles involved!).
Welcome to the first installment of “Seen on Pinterest,” a bi-monthly roundup of our favorite pins and posts from around the interwebs. We’re happy pinners here at TDS and there’s no better time to start a new series full of pretty pictures than the time of year when your newsfeed is filled to the brim with holiday toys and treats. Our first column highlights great goodies to gift or greet guests with at your next holiday soiree. From savory to sweet to spirits, there’s something here for everyone on your list.
For many, understanding the differences between Internet networks can be confusing. There’s 3G, 4G, and at TDS we talk about 10G. Because the names are similar it seems like you might be comparing apples-to-apples. Unfortunately, it’s not that simple. In fact, because the “G” means different things in both industries, it’s like comparing apples to oranges (maybe bananas).
Thanksgiving means many different things for many different people, but in our home it has always meant giving thanks for the blessings we have. This year, I am thankful for the 60 years I had with my mom and am reminded that she always thought of others before herself. I decided to start a new tradition of giving to others in honor of my mom and am committing to doing at least one random act of kindness per day. I've gathered a list of 60 kind and giving acts (that don't cost a lot of money or even require much effort) that anyone can do any day, not just on Thanksgiving.
- TDS broadband improvement project over halfway done in NW Waupaca County November 21, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday November 21, 2017
- TDS TV on Demand delivers murder, heists, ballerinas and mayhem November 20, 2017
- Weekly Tech News Round Up November 17, 2017
- Holiday fun: Countdown to Christmas movie games November 16, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: James, please do give us a call and speak with our...
- Missy Kellor: Hmmmmmm, good question. If you'd be so kind as to...
- Mike: I would like to see Three Godfathers .at or before...
- james czaplicki: I can no longer get into my E mail account...
- L. Maurice: My machine/hand dug hole was backfilled the day th...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (158)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (41)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (223)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (102)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (85)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (301)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (6)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (27)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)