Archive | Online LifeRSS feed for this section
The potential for sun outages is coming. Twice a year, all television customers all across the U.S. may experience some degree of TV interference due to sun outages. This spring, the solar interference is expected between Feb. 26-March 8, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Find out more about this solar phenomenon.
TDS' movie buffs (and one is a movie maker!) offer their take on this year's Oscar nominations. Who they think will win, who they'd rather see win. You might be surprised by some of their picks (and you also might discover some movies you should make time to watch!).
If last week’s post was capitalizing on the mainstream of the moment, today’s blog and artist would be nearly the polar opposite. We’ve all probably heard some of the songs made by today’s featured act, but he’s certainly not a household name. The track “Coconut” is one I think just about everyone knows, but don't be fooled by the novelty of it—the whole album is great blend of original production and writing.
If you are looking to catch up with this year's most critically-acclaimed films, you're in luck as TDS TV on Demand is bringing a slew of Oscar-nominated films into your home. Best Picture nominees coming out soon include "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea" and "Moonlight." There is also Marvel's blockbuster hit "Doctor Strange," plus the romantic thriller "Allied," each of which scored an Oscar nomination.
Lady Gaga has been making toe-tapping music with substance for almost a decade, and her staying power has shown by her recent appearances on the biggest stages—from the Super Bowl to the Grammys in under 10 days time. Today you can score her second album for only $5.
If you've seen the Apple Airpods commercial where a guy does some awesome dancing while walking down the street, you've heard today's artist—well, artists. The group's name is Marian Hill, a duo who is making some cool R&B-meets-electric music. Since new tunes are always fun to listen to, and cheap new music is almost unheard of, you should check this $5 album out today.
The best films are coming to TDS TV on Demand, including the sci-fi drama "Arrival," which was recently nominated for eight Academy Awards. On the lighter side, there's the family comedy "Almost Christmas," as well as the animated hit "Trolls."
Bush’s debut album Sixteen Stone was released on December 6th of 1994. An advance copy was sent to an influential Los Angeles radio station which added lead single “Everything Zen” to its rotation. The rest, as they say, is history. The album would peak at #4 on the Billboard Charts and spawn two Top 40 Singles. Today you can get this chart-topper for only $5.
Admittedly, on the surface, Data Privacy Day doesn’t seem super exciting. There’s no themed merchandise, no cards to purchase, and no special foods to make—but there is a gift to be given. By celebrating this unlikely holiday, you can give yourself the gift of control. Specifically, control over your personal information and when, and with whom, you share that data.
Astro Lounge was Smash Mouth’s first album with a switch in sound—a decision completely worth it. The album would go on to spawn a few monster singles, being used in major films such as “Shrek” and in heavily viewed commercials for companies such as Nissan. Even the critics almost unanimously agreed this was one of the better albums of the year, praising the laid-back sound with a mass appeal. Today it can be yours for only $5.
- TV customers: sun outages coming February 23, 2017
- Movie and Oscar winner predictions for 2016 February 22, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday February 21, 2017
- It’s Go Time: TV Everywhere February 20, 2017
- Oscar-nominated films coming to TDS TV on Demand February 20, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- What’s Up With My WiFi? July 8, 2013
- Debi: Wow, why bother? I tried to get on a couple of cha...
- Rusty King: An app would be easier......
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday | TDS Home: […] last week’s post was capitalizing on t...
- Austin: I will have to check that out, thanks for reading ...
- Chris: The story behind the Edge of Glory is truly heartw...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr Empire fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham Homeland House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest Sleepy Hollow TDS TDS charity TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead Westworld
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (123)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (17)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (12)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (2)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (179)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (84)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (68)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (254)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (23)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)