Archive | Online LifeRSS feed for this section
It’s a brand-spanking new year and it’s coming with fresh round of online security challenges. There are three new issues you should know about (and take action on), to keep your personal information safe.
Living in the Midwest, when someone mentions a trip to Chicago, it conjures up thoughts of deep dish pizza, outstanding hot dogs, major sports rivalries, and entirely too much traffic. Rarely do most associate specific bands with the Windy City (with the exception of the Blues Brothers), since arguably the biggest act to come out of Illinois is a solo artist by the name of Kanye West. Today’s band maybe isn’t up there with the greatest acts of all time for many, but perhaps they should be.
TDS TV on Demand brings you some first-rate thrills and chills, including films from Hollywood superstars Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise. "Inferno" and "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back" are classic popcorn flicks - mega stars, top-notch production values and big thrills. If you're looking for something a little deeper and darker, "The Girl on the Train" delivers an unsettling mystery, and "The Light Between the Oceans" emerged as one of the most moving dramas of 2016. And finally, don't forget the edge-of-your-seat shivers from "Ouija: Origin of Terror."
We looked at Goodreads, The New York Times, NPR, The Chicago Tribune, Vulture, Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, and Publishers Weekly. After comparing their picks, we pulled out six books that made it on multiple lists, making them the cream of the crop
Amy’s process of making Back to Black was interesting: she would record her studio work onto a CD and listen to it in her father’s cab. She wanted to hear it how the majority of people would, and made tweaks based on that medium. It spawned five hit singles, was nominated for two Grammy Awards (and won one of them) and received unanimous critical acclaim. Today you can score this album for only $5.
Even if you're not a believer in making resolutions, the new year is a great time to step back and re-evaluate your spending habits (and maybe rein it in here and there). Perhaps you're saving for a house, a vacation, or just want to put more in savings. No matter your reason, we're here to help, rounding up five simple ways to cut costs and find savings in 2017.
The Consumer Electronics Show (otherwise known as CES) is half over! Reminder: that’s the global tradeshow where companies come to unveil their new electronic gizmos big and small (and occasionally also strange). With all the reveals, today’s roundup is devoted to highlights from the show.
Start your 2017 off right by putting on some good tunes, and Heart’s “Dreamboat Annie” certainly qualifies. Admittedly Heart isn’t the first band I think of in terms of iconic 70’s rock n’ roll, but they should be more involved in the conversation than they seem to be—a very under appreciated act that has so many good records.
Kick off 2017 with movies from TDS TV on Demand. This week’s highlights includes the thriller “The Accountant,” the horror film “Blair Witch” and a concert film from comedian Kevin Hart. On the tube, watch for the return of some old favorites, including “Bones,” “Sleepy Hollow,” “Nashville” and “Grimm.”
Has the cold weather started to get you down? Are you feeling groggy and slow in the mornings and overdosing on coffee to compensate? If this describes you, you’re not alone—but you don’t need to stay stuck in low gear until spring. Instead, reach for your favorite mobile device and give these apps a try.
- New year, new security threats January 18, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday January 17, 2017
- New films coming to TDS TV on Demand January 16, 2017
- Martin Luther King Jr. and His Message Today January 16, 2017
- Books: the best from the “Best Of 2016” lists January 12, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- What’s Up With My WiFi? July 8, 2013
- Mike Ficher: I'll admit, for public consumption, that I saw St...
- 5 Easy Ways to Cut Costs in 2017 | TDS Home: […] and to re-evaluate. That might mean a ne...
- Missy Kellor: Jeffrey, our contract with The Sportsman Channel e...
- Jeffrey yager: Why can't I get the sportsman channel any more...
- WJXT update for St. Marys TDS TV customers | TDS Home: […] 20, 2016: St. Marys TDS TV customers, as...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr Empire f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham Homeland House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest Sleepy Hollow TDS TDS charity TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Vikings Walking Dead Westworld
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (118)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (17)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (12)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (1)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (174)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (13)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (82)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (67)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (249)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (22)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)