Archive | Online LifeRSS feed for this section
Charlie Starr, Paul Jackson, Brit Turner and Richard Turner formed a band called Blackberry Smoke back in 2001. Based out of Atlanta, Georgia, they have released five studio albums with very modest success. Where they’ve generated a major following is with their live shows. If like me, you’ve never heard these guys before, give them a shot. Cheap is the best way to experience new.
This week: an updated Messenger is coming, Zelda's coming to your pocket, everyone's wondering how WannaCry hackers are going to get their money, and the iPad Mini may be going the way of the Dodo. Also, check out: new trailers for some geeky shows, an alarm your teenager needs, and get the scoop on the latest from Google and Amazon.
Caller ID is a brilliant piece of technology that lets you see who is calling before you pick up. (Seriously, who hasn’t used it to avoid a call from a telemarketer?) But, here’s what you might not know: the information displayed on Caller ID can be faked. Scammers spoof the information that appears on your phone’s display to trick you into thinking someone important is calling.
Some musicians are iconic for the music, some for their personal lives, and some for who they became after their music career was finished. Today’s featured artist is world renowned for all three. His time in one of the greatest bands in history is legend, but his solo career was nothing to shake a stick at either. With 55 million albums sold solo and well over 100 million with the band—it’s easy to argue he deserves legendary status.
This week: New Amazon Echos (which are taking over the world, BTW), self-healing roads, a new way to give your kids their allowance, and a wearable that might make you cry.
We all hate fake news, but in today's world it can be really hard to tell what's real from what's not. A sensational and oh-so-real-seeming false story can go viral in seconds. Using Facebook’s tips as a starting point, we pooled advice for spotting fake news so you can be a critical news consumer.
There is a standard list of iconic female vocalists out there, and it usually revolves around Whitney, Aretha, Florence and Mariah. Those women all had the luxury of being a solo performer, or at least having a band that was centered on the vocals. Today’s featured band has a lead singer undoubtedly as good as the ones above, but doesn’t seem to always get the accolades she deserves.
Love citrus fruits in summer? So do we, and without a doubt, our favorite is the Meyer Lemon, a slightly sweeter and tangier version of lemons that tastes like the perfect cross between a lemon and an orange. There's nothing this little fruit can do wrong, particularly when it's made into a sweet ending to a summer meal.
Don't declare books dead yet--like the real print kind. Elon Musk introduces ANOTHER new transportation idea, MIT beats Fitbit for accuracy, Apple watches are popping, Canada wins May 4th, plus some nerd news you might enjoy this Friday afternoon.
May brings some chills and thrills to TDS TV on Demand, lead by the spine-tingling horror film, "Rings" and the latest chapter in the "Resident Evil" franchise. On the other end of the spectrum, animals lovers will adore the sweet and lovable "A Dog's Purpose." And fans of sports films will be beguiled by the quirky and engaging "Tracktown." Finally, for adults there's "Fifty Shades Darker" - the second of best-selling author E.L. James' "Fifty Shades" films to hit the big screen.
- TDS Telecom to improve broadband in Craig County, Va. May 23, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday May 23, 2017
- THREE Sun Prairie neighborhoods already made goal! May 22, 2017
- Weekly tech news roundup May 19, 2017
- Alert: Caller ID spoofing still a popular scam May 18, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Cheryl McCollum: Judith, Yes, Cherokee County is on our list of pla...
- Judith Lay: Cherokee County, Alabama could certainly use some ...
- Erik Riedasch: Nice review. I have been hearing a lot about this...
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday | TDS Home: […] friend told me about them after seeing t...
- Missy Kellor: Joanne, take a look at the very top of the column ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham home decor Homeland House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest Sleepy Hollow TDS TDS charity TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (136)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (6)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (182)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (89)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (74)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (276)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (1)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (26)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)