Archive | How-To’sRSS feed for this section
It’s a brand-spanking new year and it’s coming with fresh round of online security challenges. There are three new issues you should know about (and take action on), to keep your personal information safe.
Even if you're not a believer in making resolutions, the new year is a great time to step back and re-evaluate your spending habits (and maybe rein it in here and there). Perhaps you're saving for a house, a vacation, or just want to put more in savings. No matter your reason, we're here to help, rounding up five simple ways to cut costs and find savings in 2017.
We recently launched the TDS TV companion app, a free mobile tool that takes your TV viewing experience to the next level. With our new app you can record programming from anywhere with your Internet-connected tablet or smart phone. Our new app also serves as a hands-on guide and remote control in your home.
With holiday events coming quickly, we thought it would be worth revisiting something we’ve talked about before—Snapchat filters. If you’re all about throwing Pinterest-worthy parties, creating a custom filter for your holiday or New Year’s party would be the perfect finishing touch. Yes, you can make one of your very own and have it ready in 24 hours (and could cost you as little as $5!).
Unfortunately, in today’s world, data breaches happen. Companies and websites get hacked, or scammers trick people—maybe even you—into revealing important information. If you think your data has been stolen, your first step shouldn’t be to panic. Instead, take a deep breath and follow these steps so you can regain control over your information and minimize any potential damage.
The joy of a frozen turkey is that you can buy it well in advance of your holiday and eat it later—as long as you defrost it safely. If you defrost your turkey wrong? Well, you could be inviting bacteria to join you for dinner. I scoured the internet in search of the best and worst ways to go about defrosting your Butterball. Here are your answers (including a way to cook the turkey straight from frozen, if you missed your defrosting window!).
I've written extensively about how to save money online—be it on groceries, home goods, travel and more. Saving—particularly savvy spending—is all about knowing how, and when, to spend your money online. With Amazon's #PrimeDay in the rear view mirror and the holidays ahead, I've compiled five financial and shopping tips for the rest of 2016.
TDS TV’s user interface is getting a whole new look. Don’t worry, your DVR, on-screen guide and remote will still… more...
Here at TDS we’re not immune to SnapChat’s charms. In fact, we’ve created a few On-Demand Geofilters for TDS internal events—but did you know that you can submit Personal Geofilters for your own events and activities? You can create something that will appear at your wedding venue, graduation party, Halloween bash, or whatever you’re celebrating—it’s simple, and can be done for as little as $5! Here’s how:
Every social media platform has a unique set of privacy features. Here’s a walk through of how to edit your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat privacy settings on an iOS device.
- New year, new security threats January 18, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday January 17, 2017
- New films coming to TDS TV on Demand January 16, 2017
- Martin Luther King Jr. and His Message Today January 16, 2017
- Books: the best from the “Best Of 2016” lists January 12, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- What’s Up With My WiFi? July 8, 2013
- Mike Ficher: I'll admit, for public consumption, that I saw St...
- 5 Easy Ways to Cut Costs in 2017 | TDS Home: […] and to re-evaluate. That might mean a ne...
- Missy Kellor: Jeffrey, our contract with The Sportsman Channel e...
- Jeffrey yager: Why can't I get the sportsman channel any more...
- WJXT update for St. Marys TDS TV customers | TDS Home: […] 20, 2016: St. Marys TDS TV customers, as...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr Empire f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham Homeland House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest Sleepy Hollow TDS TDS charity TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Vikings Walking Dead Westworld
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (118)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (17)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (12)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (1)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (174)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (13)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (82)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (67)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (249)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (22)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)