About Jason ComptonJason Compton is a Middleton, Wis.-based writer specializing in technology, communication, and entertainment. He has been reporting on the gadgets that make life more productive and fun since the days of the Commodore 64. Follow him on Twitter: @jpcwrites.
You hear "the Internet of things" talked about all over in the Internet and even on TV. But what is it? Jason Compton demystifies this not-as-new-as-you-might-think idea.
To stand out among the thousands of video games released on computers, phones, and social media sites every year, you need a hook. Paul Pridham is the mad scientist of Madgarden, and he took a few minutes away from creating the upcoming Death Road to Canada to answer questions about creating games for today's demanding audiences.
Buying office software was once a major expense for many, because free alternatives were laughably under-powered. Today, free office software is extremely capable and comprehensive, and even offers document-sharing advantages far more convenient than conventional, pricey software. Find out about some of your best, free options.
Whatever happened to the aisles and aisles of computer games you used to see at big-box electronics and specialty stores? Sure, stores still stock a large number of games for consoles like Xbox and Playstation, but Windows and Mac users are lucky to find more than a single shelf. That's not because everybody is too busy playing Candy Crush on their phones—computer gaming is still a $25 billion industry. So, where are all the games?
- Stream the Great American Eclipse! August 18, 2017
- Weekly tech news roundup August 18, 2017
- Warning: New tech support scams hits PCs AND Apple devices August 17, 2017
- “Obnoxious” browser updates actually protect your data August 16, 2017
- Big 10 Network is here, there—everywhere! August 15, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Warning: New tech support scams hits PCs AND Apple devices | TDS Home: […] your Caller ID with a grain of salt. The...
- Kevin McGinley: The Opera browser is often left unmentioned but wa...
- Missy Kellor: Todd, unfortunately it's up to the content provid...
- Cheryl McCollum: The Craig County upgrade is expected to be done by...
- Missy Kellor: Bill, if you head to TDSFiber.com and plug in your...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music home decor House of Cards Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (146)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (22)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (205)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (95)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (79)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (290)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (5)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (26)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)