About TDS Security TeamThe latest news and advice from the TDS Security Team.
Customers are receiving emails which appear to be from TDS asking for account information. These emails are NOT from TDS and are a phishing attempt.
Don’t be put off by the name—Cyber Security Awareness Month may sound like it’s only for computer nerds and programmers, but it’s also for you too. Creating strong passwords, being aware of malware and phishing, securing your home network, and teaching your children to be digital citizens—these are all key elements to staying safe online. To help you, we've assembled a list of cyber security tips and resources.
In the past 24 hours many media outlets have reported on how a Russian organized crime syndicate has accumulated over one billion user credentials (usernames, emails, passwords). While this news is still developing, it is not a reason to panic, but it is a great reason to revisit secure computing practices. We've got six tips for you.
Windows XP has only been retired a few weeks, and big security flaw has already been discovered that makes it vulnerable if you're using Internet Explorer. If you use Internet Explorer and still run Windows XP, stop using that browser immediately!
Consumer alert: yesterday it was announced that just over half of all websites (including popular sites such as Yahoo!, Flickr and more) were vulnerable to the Heartbleed encryption bug. This bug could have allowed attackers to read encrypted data including credit card or password information located on website servers for the last two years. Find out what you can do.
The FBI is alerting PC owners of a new kind of “ransomware” called CryptoLocker. Ransomware is a type a type of malicious software designed to block access to a computer system until a sum of money is paid. CryptoLocker encrypts your files and holds them hostage until you pay a ransom of several hundred dollars, typically within three days.Find out what you need to know about this latest threat and how to keep your files safe.
With the Affordable Care Act going into effect tomorrow, be on the lookout for phishing scams. Cybercriminals will be trying to capitalize on the confusion surrounding the new law to find unsuspecting victims. Don't be tricked into revealing your personal or banking information. Learn how to protect yourself with 4 tips.
First, don’t be scared off by the name. Sure, Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) sounds a little intimidating (and it’s… more...
If you use Google Chrome, you should know about the important new security updates and controls included in the newest… more...
F-Secure Internet Security 2013 was awarded AV Test’s Best Protection 2012 and rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by PCWorld.… more...
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday August 22, 2017
- Construction to improve broadband in central South Carolina under way August 21, 2017
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 coming to TDS TV on Demand August 21, 2017
- Website updates for your security August 21, 2017
- Stream the Great American Eclipse! August 18, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Website updates for your security | TDS Home: […] We make the required changes on our webs...
- Warning: New tech support scams hits PCs AND Apple devices | TDS Home: […] your Caller ID with a grain of salt. The...
- Kevin McGinley: The Opera browser is often left unmentioned but wa...
- Missy Kellor: Todd, unfortunately it's up to the content provid...
- Cheryl McCollum: The Craig County upgrade is expected to be done by...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music home decor House of Cards Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (147)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (23)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (206)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (96)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (79)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (290)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (5)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (26)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)