About Austin KruegerAustin works as a cost analyst for TDS Telecom in the Government and Regulatory Affairs team. He has a marketing degree from UW-Whitewater and has worked in various departments including marketing, sales and network services since joining TDS in 2004. He is a huge sports fan – if he’s not at work, odds are you can find him at Miller Park, Lambeau Field, Camp Randall or the Kohl Center watching the game. In his spare time, he’s chairman of a local non-profit, avid music fan, rec sports MVP and an early adopter when it comes to most new technologies.
It’s rare that critics can universally agree on an album being five stars across the board. This is one of those uncommon instances. Hundreds of bands have covered Paranoid over the last five decades and the tributes aren’t likely to end. The band broke up, reunited and officially called it quits last year. While there may not be any new Black Sabbath on the horizon, being able to pick this up for $5 bucks is an outstanding consolation.
This album stayed on the Billboard 200 for more than a year, and became the second-highest selling female album in history. Not too shabby for a relative unknown and a record they were hoping would break even. Today you can score this chart-topper for $5.
While Creed's sophomore effort sold more copies, this album received a very positive critical response. My Own Prison blew up when it was released, and it's easy to see why. This one feels like a rock album made in a garage somewhere, and the rawness gives it the charm. It's a solid get today for $6 bucks,
Critically, Dookie was a unanimous smash hit. It’s been called a “landmark album of the 90’s” and one of few that only gets better with age. In addition to being considered the best album of the year by many outlets, it’s also featured as one of the best albums of all-time as well. Today, you can score it for only $5.
Dolores O’Riordan recently passed away at age 46. Today’s post is in honor of her life, career and to pay tribute to a very underrated band from the ‘90s.
The second single on Lemon Parade, “If You Could Only See” was honored as the most played song on rock radio in 1997. In less than one year, the album would be certified platinum in the U.S. and to date has sold over three million copies to date worldwide. Today, and for only $5, the entire album can be yours.
Invisible Touch is simply masterful. From top to bottom, the album runs through up-tempo standard pop, to thoughtful, introspective ballads. Out of eight tracks, six of them were successful singles and very popular radio staples to this day. This one today for $5 bucks is a steal.
Happy New Year, music fans! Generally, I like to swap calendars and reward myself with some new tunes. You know, give a band I’ve been meaning to get to for years a shot and see if they make the rotation. In 2018 however, I was inspired by a friend to go back to some absolute classic albums and determine where they fit in the all-time record books.
If you’ve never heard a Mumford album before, unquestionably this is the one to start with. Sigh No More won the Brit Award for Best British Album and since 2007; M&S has been nominated for six Grammy Awards. Today, for $7, this award winner can be yours to enjoy for the holiday season and beyond.
It may have come out in 1991, but hits from Self-Titled are still played constantly on the radio, in arenas, and in popular media. For $5 dollars, I’m not sure how you can pass it up. Even if you own it, buy it again! This album is outstanding, and nothing else matters.
- Clever tax scam for 2018 is a new twist on an old favorite February 22, 2018
- Report: Your smart TV could get hacked, if not protected February 21, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday February 20, 2018
- Lady Bird, Coco, Darkest Hour and Three Billboards coming to TDS TV on Demand February 19, 2018
- Welcome to the Year of the Dog! February 16, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Austin: Ha! That's a good one. It will be fun to see how ...
- Cheryl McCollum: The upgrades are expected to be done in early 2019...
- Cheryl McCollum: Yes, your address is in the upgrade area. Phase on...
- Mike: Can we get an update on the Craig County, VA broad...
- Austin constant: How about 1013 co. Rd. 461 Englewood, tn...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (170)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (45)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (233)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (108)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (312)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (14)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (31)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)